Simply Sides - Roasted Kalettes Recipe
Simply sides are a favourite of ours here at Hunter & Gather as they improve absolutely any main course you could think of??
This serves 2 as a meal accompaniment, or is perfect as a snack.
What you need
- 2 handfuls of Kalettes
- 3-4 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Avocado Oil?
- Coarse salt (Pink Himalayan if possible)
What you do
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Wash the kalettes, and dry off as much excess water as possible.
- Line a medium sized baking tray with some non stick parchment paper.
- Place the kalettes in a single layer on the baking tray.
- Pour the avocado oil over the kalettes, focusing on the edges of the leaves as much as possible (to help prevent them from burning during roasting).
- Bake the kalettes for 3 minutes, and then turn them over and bake for a further 3 minutes. Keep an eye on the kalettes to ensure the edges don’t burn.
- Turn the oven off, and leave the kalettes in the oven for another 2 minutes.
- Remove the kalettes from the oven and season with salt.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Recipes
With grass-fed lamb, Organic lettuce and a dollop of avocado oil mayonnaise, Low carb has never been so tasty! Why not make a batch, cook and then freeze them - so you can have them for lunch later in the week.
Bored with the bland salad lunch option? - you know the limp lettuce, tomato, and cucumber number that is about as exciting as watching paint dry as well as being nutritionally lacking. Well, we are here to help with this nutrient-dense, tasty, dressing recipe that will add the excitement without the refined sugars, seed oils or chemicals - YUK.