Grain-free, Gluten-free Paleo and Ketogenic friendly, Low carb pudding batter mix (perfect for toad in the hole).
Sunday roasts are just such a great time to sit down with the family, enjoy a sense of community and chat about the week ahead. For many, the thought of a Sunday lunch without the classic Yorkshire pudding is just a nightmare. Now, with this easy batter recipe, you can make at home Yorkies that are fluffy, rise, and with no compromise to your grain-free lifestyle! Winning.
What are Yorkshire puddings normally made with?
Yorkshire pudding batter is normally made with some kind of flour, normally refined white flour from wheat, with eggs and milk. Not ideal if the flour is a no go for you, or you are dairy intolerant. This easy recipe shows you how you can still enjoy this much loved Sunday lunch item, without the wheat or dairy.
What is the best meat to have alongside a Yorkshire pudding for a Sunday roast?
We say, why not grab a nice piece of pasture for life meat to enjoy with the family.
How can I make a low carb gravy to go alongside this recipe?
Bone broth is a great way to make an easy gravy at home, alternatively, be sure to keep the juices from the meat and add a little arrowroot to thicken in the pan along with some herbs, salt and pepper.
Yorkshire Pudding Recipe
Low carb, Paleo, Keto & Gluten Free
Makes 6 puddings
What you need (Ingredients):
- 2 eggs (British Free Range)
- 1 tablespoon or 15 grams of arrowroot powder
- 10 grams of almond flour
- 100 mls of dairy-free milk (coconut, almond etc)
- Large pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- 1 tablespoon Hunter and Gather Avocado Oil
What You Do (Method):
- In a large jug, whisk together all of the above ingredients except the oil. Leave to sit for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 200c.
- Once the oven is hot, pour ½ teaspoon of avocado oil into 6 cavities of a standard muffin tin. Place in the oven for 10 minutes to heat the oil.
- Remove the tray from the oven and carefully divide the batter between the 6 cavities with oil in them. Return the pan to the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!