What is a Tagine (Tajine)?
What is a Tagine Dish?
Can I use different meats in a Tagine?
Can I use a different pot if I don't have a traditional Tagine?
Nutritional Info (Per Serving):
Of which saturates: 11g
Of which sugars: 10g
What You Need (Ingredients):
- 2 tbsp Hunter and Gather Avocado Oil
- 700 grams grass-fed lamb neck
- 1 large onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can of organic chopped tomatoes
- 1 bottle Hunter and Gather ketchup
- 100 mls water or broth (if using a Tagine, 200mls if using a ceramic pot with no lid)
- 2 tsp Harissa paste
- 2 preserved lemons (salt & water), cut into quarters
- 1 tsp Pink Himalayan Salt
- ½ tsp Black pepper
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Optional: 8 dried apricots
What You Do (Method):
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees.
- Heat a large oven safe casserole dish on the stove to medium heat and add the Hunter and Gather Avocado Oil.
- Dice the lamb neck into bite sized cubes. Add to the hot pan and sear on all sides (until brown).
- Add the chopped onions, garlic and all of the spices. Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the harissa, tomatoes, water or broth, ketchup, lemons, and apricots, if using.
- Bring to a boil and turn off the heat.
- Transfer the dish, uncovered (covered if using a Tagine) to the oven and bake for 1 hour or until the lamb is tender and delicious.