What is a Tagine (Tajine)?
What is a Tagine Dish?
Can I use different meats in a Tagine?
Can I use a different pot if I don't have a traditional Tagine?
Nutritional Info (Per Serving):
Of which saturates: 5.8g
Of which sugars: 6.1g
What You Need (Ingredients):
- 2 tbsp Hunter and Gather Avocado Oil
- 700 grams grass-fed lamb neck
- 1 large onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can of organic chopped tomatoes
- 1 bottle Hunter and Gather ketchup
- 100 mls water or broth (if using a Tagine, 200mls if using a ceramic pot with no lid)
- 2 tsp Harissa paste
- 2 preserved lemons (salt & water), cut into quarters
- 1 tsp Pink Himalayan Salt
- ½ tsp Black pepper
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Optional: 8 dried apricots
What You Do (Method):
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees.
- Heat a large oven safe casserole dish on the stove to medium heat and add the Hunter and Gather Avocado Oil.
- Dice the lamb neck into bite sized cubes. Add to the hot pan and sear on all sides (until brown).
- Add the chopped onions, garlic and all of the spices. Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the harissa, tomatoes, water or broth, ketchup, lemons, and apricots, if using.
- Bring to a boil and turn off the heat.
- Transfer the dish, uncovered (covered if using a Tagine) to the oven and bake for 1 hour or until the lamb is tender and delicious.
All information provided on our website and within our articles is simply information, opinion, anecdotal thoughts and experiences to provide you with the tools to thrive.
It is not intended to treat or diagnose symptoms and is definitely not intended to be misconstrued for medical advice. We always advise you seek the advice of a trained professional when implementing any changes to your lifestyle and dietary habits.
We do however recommend seeking the services of a trained professional who questions the conventional wisdom to enable you to become the best version of yourself.