Juicy Beef with MCT oil dressing
This delicious beef platter is the perfect summer dish to accompany sweet potato fries, a crisp salad or just purely on its own.
The Avocado and MCT oil add a shot of great fats to the dish. The MCT is the perfect oil for making a dressing as it is neutral in flavour and works well with any herbs and spices you choose to mix together.
Sugar, Gluten and Grain free this dish is suitable for Paleo, Keto & Low Carb lifestyles.
Prep Time: minutes in total
What You Need:
- 400g whole beef fillet we recommend Pasture For Life meat from Coxtie Green Farm
- Salad leaves
- 1 small raw beetroot - peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 2 cloves garlic - sliced
- 1 chilli - sliced
For the Dressing:
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 red chilli finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Hunter & Gather MCT Oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- Juice of 1 lime
What You Do:
- Season the beef generously.
- Add 2 teaspoons of Avocado oil to a pan.
- When really hot sear the beef all over. Roughly 3 minutes on each side. Make sure you seal the ends too.
- Leave the beef in the hot pan and cover with foil so it cradles the meat.
- Turn after 5 minutes, but leave for 20 minutes in total.
- Gently fry the garlic slices until golden and quickly remove from the heat and on to kitchen towel.
- Mix the dressing ingredients together in a bowl.
- When the meat has cooled and rested, carve into wafer thin slices.
- Place on a platter. Sprinkle with garlic, chilli, beetroot, salad leaves and drizzle with the dressing.