Simply Sides - Honey Roasted Parsnips
Simply sides are a favourite of ours here at Hunter & Gather as they improve absolutely any main course you could think of
Serves 2 as a main meal accompaniment
What you need
- 3 Parsnips
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Avocado Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Raw Honey
What you do
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Peel the parsnips. Cut the peeled parsnips into ‘fries’ (matchstick shaped) that are all approximately the same size as each other. I recommend using a potato chipper/vegetable cutter machine for this.
Tip: Remove the woody core from the parsnips before pushing them through the cutter machine. I usually cut the parsnip in half and then cut the ‘wider end’ of the parsnip in half lengthwise to be able to see and remove the tough inner woody part.
- Lay the prepared parsnip fries on a small baking tray that has been lined with non stick parchment paper.
- Drizzle the 2 tablespoons of Hunter & Gather Extra Virgin Avocado Oil as well as the tablespoon of honey over the parsnip fries to coat them.
- Bake in the preheated oven for a maximum of 30 minutes, turning the fries after 15 minutes. Keep an eye on them towards the end of the baking time to ensure they don’t burn.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Recipes
With grass-fed lamb, Organic lettuce and a dollop of avocado oil mayonnaise, Low carb has never been so tasty! Why not make a batch, cook and then freeze them - so you can have them for lunch later in the week.
Bored with the bland salad lunch option? - you know the limp lettuce, tomato, and cucumber number that is about as exciting as watching paint dry as well as being nutritionally lacking. Well, we are here to help with this nutrient-dense, tasty, dressing recipe that will add the excitement without the refined sugars, seed oils or chemicals - YUK.