Simply Sides - Honey Roasted Parsnips
Simply sides are a favourite of ours here at Hunter & Gather as they improve absolutely any main course you could think of
Serves 2 as a main meal accompaniment
What you need
What you do
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Peel the parsnips. Cut the peeled parsnips into ‘fries’ (matchstick shaped) that are all approximately the same size as each other. I recommend using a potato chipper/vegetable cutter machine for this.
Tip: Remove the woody core from the parsnips before pushing them through the cutter machine. I usually cut the parsnip in half and then cut the ‘wider end’ of the parsnip in half lengthwise to be able to see and remove the tough inner woody part.
- Lay the prepared parsnip fries on a small baking tray that has been lined with non stick parchment paper.
- Drizzle the 2 tablespoons of Hunter & Gather Extra Virgin Avocado Oil as well as the tablespoon of honey over the parsnip fries to coat them.
- Bake in the preheated oven for a maximum of 30 minutes, turning the fries after 15 minutes. Keep an eye on them towards the end of the baking time to ensure they don’t burn.
A wonderful recipe developed and photographed by the very talented Louise Gardner over at Primal Grapevine. You can catch Louise @primalgrapevine on Instagram and Twitter.
Leave a comment