Grain Free Sushi Wraps
Avoiding grains doesn’t mean you have to give up on your sushi addiction – this grain free sushi recipe avoids high carb grains like rice and opts for lower carb bacon and vegetables instead. These wraps are very easy to make and are perfect for a lunch time bite or to wow your paleo or low carb friends.
Suitable for: Gluten Free, Low Carb, Paleo & Keto (just swap out the carrots for cheese or more avocado)
What You Need:
- 6 slices bacon, halved
- 2 Cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 3 tbsp classic avocado mayo from Hunter & Gather
- Sesame seeds, to garnish
What You Do:
- Preheat oven to 200 c.
- Line a baking tray with aluminium foil and place a cooling rack on top.
- Lay bacon halves in an even layer and bake until slightly crisp but still pliable, 11-13 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut cucumbers, carrots, and avocado into thin slices and about as long as the width of the bacon
- When bacon is cool enough to touch, spread an even layer of mayo on each slice. Divide vegetables evenly between the bacon and place on one end. Roll up vegetables tightly.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and serve.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Recipes
With grass-fed lamb, Organic lettuce and a dollop of avocado oil mayonnaise, Low carb has never been so tasty! Why not make a batch, cook and then freeze them - so you can have them for lunch later in the week.
Bored with the bland salad lunch option? - you know the limp lettuce, tomato, and cucumber number that is about as exciting as watching paint dry as well as being nutritionally lacking. Well, we are here to help with this nutrient-dense, tasty, dressing recipe that will add the excitement without the refined sugars, seed oils or chemicals - YUK.