Paleo Sweet potato and spring onion Falafel
These smokey chipotle sweet potato falafels are the perfect lunchtime treat, can be heated up to take to the office or eaten cold as a snack.
For younger palates, just remove the chipotle and tone down the garlic as necessary.
Serves 2 as a main dish
What You Need:
- 2 medium organic sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed or very thinly diced
- 3 spring onions, thinly chopped
- 1 British Free-Range Egg
- 1 tbsp coconut or almond flour
- 1 tsp chopped parsley
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp chipotle chilli
- 1 tbsp Avocado Oil
What You Do:
- Cook the chopped sweet potato in a pan of boiling water until soft
- Mash the sweet potato and add in all other ingredients
- Mix well until combined
- Place mixture in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes
- Once cooled, heat a pan with the avocado oil
- Scoop out the mixture and roll into even patty shapes
- Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side
Salad leaves, Beetroot and vegetable sticks – dollop of Avocado Mayo to finish.
All information provided on our website and within our articles is simply information, opinion, anecdotal thoughts and experiences to provide you with the tools to thrive.
It is not intended to treat or diagnose symptoms and is definitely not intended to be misconstrued for medical advice. We always advise you seek the advice of a trained professional when implementing any changes to your lifestyle and dietary habits.
We do however recommend seeking the services of a trained professional who questions the conventional wisdom to enable you to become the best version of yourself.