Looking for a warming starter or delicious side for a main meal - these glazed aubergines with avocado oil, pomegranate and ginger are the perfect option.
You can create the glaze in advance and just pop these in the oven whilst you go for a run, do some stretching or relax with a book. We love this recipe as it is easy, enjoyable and tastes delicious!
Paleo, Grain Free, Dairy Free and Refined Sugar Free.
You can also swap the Honey for Agave to be Vegan friendly or you can leave this step out completely to lower the natural sugar content.
Serves 2 or 4 as a starter
What you need:
- 2 aubergine
- 1 tablespoon Pomegranate seeds
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
For the glaze:
- 1 clove garlic - crushed
- 1 teaspoon ginger - grated
- 1 teaspoon Honey
- 1 teaspoon Coconut Aminos
- 1 tablespoon Hunter & Gather Extra Virgin Avocado Oil
What you do:
- Preheat the oven to 210 degrees.
- Half the aubergine lengthways keeping the green top on.
- Score the aubergine in a diagonal lattice being careful not to go all the way through.
- Mix the glaze ingredients together and coat the flesh of the aubergine.
- Season and cover with foil loosely.
- Roast for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and cook for a further 10-15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds, coriander and sesame seeds to serve.
All information provided on our website and within our articles is simply information, opinion, anecdotal thoughts and experiences to provide you with the tools to thrive.
It is not intended to treat or diagnose symptoms and is definitely not intended to be misconstrued for medical advice. We always advise you seek the advice of a trained professional when implementing any changes to your lifestyle and dietary habits.
We do however recommend seeking the services of a trained professional who questions the conventional wisdom to enable you to become the best version of yourself.