Paleo And Keto Warm Smoked Pepper Mackerel With A Caper And Garlic Mayo
This simple yet impressive mackerel recipe is the perfect starter or light dinner recipe that takes only 15 minutes.
Gluten, Sugar, Dairy, Grain Free and Suitable for Keto, Paleo, Vegetarian, Banting and Real Food Lifestyles
What You Need:
- 2 Smoked Mackerel Fillets
- Cracked Black Pepper
- Pinch of ground Himalayan Salt
- 1 tbsp Avocado Oil
- 1 tbsp Capers
- 1 tsp chopped fresh coriander
- 2 tbsp Garlic Avocado Oil Mayonnaise
- ½ Lemon
- Parchment or Tin Foil
What You Do:
- Preheat the oven to 200C
- Place the mackerel fillets in a parchment or tin foil parcel (skin side down)
- Rub Avocado oil on the top of the mackerel
- Sprinkle cracked black pepper and Himalayan salt to taste
- Add the juice of ½ a lemon to the parcel to help steam
- Scrunch the top of the foil to make a closed parcel
- Heat in the oven for 10 minutes
- Whilst the mackerel is in the oven, chop the capers and coriander and mix with the garlic mayo
- Take the mackerel out of the oven and serve
Rocket, smashed avocado or your salad leaf of choice
All information provided on our website and within our articles is simply information, opinion, anecdotal thoughts and experiences to provide you with the tools to thrive.
It is not intended to treat or diagnose symptoms and is definitely not intended to be misconstrued for medical advice. We always advise you seek the advice of a trained professional when implementing any changes to your lifestyle and dietary habits.
We do however recommend seeking the services of a trained professional who questions the conventional wisdom to enable you to become the best version of yourself.