Spicy Thai Style Beef Salad
Paleo, Dairy Free, Sugar Free, Grain & Gluten Free
Avo-taste of this spicy beef salad and you will be glad you did! It's time to spice up those boring limp salads and have something packed with taste.
Makes a meal for two (or lunch the next day!)
What you need
- 1 Clove Garlic Sliced
- Handful Organic Plum Tomatoes
- Spinach leaves
- ½ Red Chilli finely sliced
- 1 large piece of steak – we use rump or sirloin
- 1 tbsp Coconut Aminos
- Fresh Coriander Leaves to taste
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Avocado Oil
- 1 pinch Pink Himalayan Salt Ground
- 1 pinch Black Pepper Ground
What you do
Reverse sear the steak (ensure steak is taken out of fridge 20 mins before starting)
- Pre-Heat oven to 150C
- Add Steak on a wire rack in the centre of the oven for 15 minutes (see salad prep, whilst this is warming through
- Remove from oven and place on the side whilst heating up a pan
- Add the Avocado Oil to the pan
- Once searing hot, add the steak to cook 1 minute on each side.
- Take out of the pan and allow to rest for 5 minutes before cutting
- Cut into thin slices
Whilst the steak is in the over you can prep the salad.
- Lay out your spinach leaves into the bowl or open plate.
- Chop the tomatoes into halves or quarters as preferred and place onto of spinach leaves.
- In a bowl mix the sliced chilli, garlic, Coconut Aminos, salt and pepper.
- Add the sliced steak.
- Drizzle over the chilli, garlic mixture.
- Finish with some fresh coriander to taste.
Tip – allow steak to cook longer on each side if you prefer a more well-done steak.
Check out this handy steak cooking guide for more guidance.