Smoked Mackerel Chicory Boats
Looking for ideas for a light lunch, appetiser or a snack - these little chicory boats are the perfect option. Packed full of great fats from the mackerel and the avocado mayonnaise, these delicious little boats will be the highlight of any meal!
Vegetarian, Gluten-Free and No Added Sugar
What you need:
- 4 smoked mackerel fillets, skin removed
- 4 tablespoons Hunter & Gather avocado oil mayonnaise
- A squeeze of Lemon juice (roughly 1/2 a lemon)
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Chopped Parsley
- Chicory leaves
- Use a fork to gently mash the skinless smoked mackerel fillets to desired thickness
- Add Hunter and Gather Mayonnaise and mix thoroughly
- Add a generous squeeze of fresh lemon juice, to taste
- Season with Himalayan salt and cracked black pepper
- Add a tablespoon of chopped parsley to the mix
- Serve in fresh chicory leaves and enjoy
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Recipes
Raspberry, Blueberry and Blackberry Chia Seed Pudding with Coconut Milk and Protein!
Gluten-Free, Refined Sugar-Free, Paleo, Whole30, Keto & Diabetic friendly
Just because you are looking to cut back on sugars in your life, doesn't mean that you have to go without a "pudding". These little chia pots are the perfect recipe to transition from sugary cereals in the morning or from a sugar-laden evening dessert.