Looking for ideas for a light lunch, appetiser or a snack - these little chicory boats are the perfect option. Packed full of great fats from the mackerel and the avocado mayonnaise, these delicious little boats will be the highlight of any meal!
Vegetarian, Gluten-Free and No Added Sugar
What you need:
- 4 smoked mackerel fillets, skin removed
- 4 tablespoons Hunter & Gather avocado oil mayonnaise
- A squeeze of Lemon juice (roughly 1/2 a lemon)
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Chopped Parsley
- Chicory leaves
- Use a fork to gently mash the skinless smoked mackerel fillets to desired thickness
- Add Hunter and Gather Mayonnaise and mix thoroughly
- Add a generous squeeze of fresh lemon juice, to taste
- Season with Himalayan salt and cracked black pepper
- Add a tablespoon of chopped parsley to the mix
- Serve in fresh chicory leaves and enjoy
All information provided on our website and within our articles is simply information, opinion, anecdotal thoughts and experiences to provide you with the tools to thrive.
It is not intended to treat or diagnose symptoms and is definitely not intended to be misconstrued for medical advice. We always advise you seek the advice of a trained professional when implementing any changes to your lifestyle and dietary habits.
We do however recommend seeking the services of a trained professional who questions the conventional wisdom to enable you to become the best version of yourself.