Smoked Mackerel Chicory Boats
Looking for ideas for a light lunch, appetiser or a snack - these little chicory boats are the perfect option. Packed full of great fats from the mackerel and the avocado mayonnaise, these delicious little boats will be the highlight of any meal!
Vegetarian, Gluten-Free and No Added Sugar
What you need:
- 4 smoked mackerel fillets, skin removed
- 4 tablespoons Hunter & Gather avocado oil mayonnaise
- A squeeze of Lemon juice (roughly 1/2 a lemon)
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Chopped Parsley
- Chicory leaves
- Use a fork to gently mash the skinless smoked mackerel fillets to desired thickness
- Add Hunter and Gather Mayonnaise and mix thoroughly
- Add a generous squeeze of fresh lemon juice, to taste
- Season with Himalayan salt and cracked black pepper
- Add a tablespoon of chopped parsley to the mix
- Serve in fresh chicory leaves and enjoy
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Recipes
With grass-fed lamb, Organic lettuce and a dollop of avocado oil mayonnaise, Low carb has never been so tasty! Why not make a batch, cook and then freeze them - so you can have them for lunch later in the week.
Bored with the bland salad lunch option? - you know the limp lettuce, tomato, and cucumber number that is about as exciting as watching paint dry as well as being nutritionally lacking. Well, we are here to help with this nutrient-dense, tasty, dressing recipe that will add the excitement without the refined sugars, seed oils or chemicals - YUK.