Potato and Egg Mayo Salad
Potatoes – really? Yes I know - our founding principles are no sugars, grains or harmful fats but you can probably tell from our recipes that we champion real food recipes low in carbohydrates and even Keto and paleo recipes too. So why are we now adding in white potato?
Well, there has been a lot of talk of late around resistant starches especially in cooked and cooled potato. You must cook and then cool the potato to ensure the starches are resistant. Do not reheat the potato once cooled and eat them cold.
Resistance starch can help with gut health by feeding the good bacteria in the colon as well as not causing spikes in blood glucose or insulin levels too. We recommend reading more about resistance starch from both Chris Kresser here and Dr Mark Hyman here.
What You Need:
- 4 medium size white potatoes, preferably organic, peeled and cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 eggs, preferably free range
- 100g Hunter and Gather mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon water
- Himalayan salt and pepper to taste
- Parsley to garnish
What You Do:
- Boil potatoes until they are cooked through and still able to hold their shape which takes approximately 15-20 minutes.
- Allow potatoes to cool and put in the fridge overnight
- Hard boil the eggs and chop them up once cooled
- Mix the mayonnaise and the water together to thin the dressing out a bit for better potato coverage
- Gently combine the potatoes, chopped eggs and mayonnaise mixture together
- season with salt and pepper and add chopped parsley as garnish
- Serve and enjoy
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Recipes
With grass-fed lamb, Organic lettuce and a dollop of avocado oil mayonnaise, Low carb has never been so tasty! Why not make a batch, cook and then freeze them - so you can have them for lunch later in the week.
Bored with the bland salad lunch option? - you know the limp lettuce, tomato, and cucumber number that is about as exciting as watching paint dry as well as being nutritionally lacking. Well, we are here to help with this nutrient-dense, tasty, dressing recipe that will add the excitement without the refined sugars, seed oils or chemicals - YUK.