Spicy Thai Style Beef Salad
Paleo, Dairy Free, Sugar Free, Grain & Gluten Free
Avo-taste of this spicy beef salad and you will be glad you did! It's time to spice up those boring limp salads and have something packed with taste.
Makes a meal for two (or lunch the next day!)
What you need
- 1 Clove Garlic Sliced
- Handful Organic Plum Tomatoes
- Spinach leaves
- ½ Red Chilli finely sliced
- 1 large piece of steak – we use rump or sirloin
- 1 tbsp Coconut Aminos
- Fresh Coriander Leaves to taste
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Avocado Oil
- 1 pinch Pink Himalayan Salt Ground
- 1 pinch Black Pepper Ground
What you do
Reverse sear the steak (ensure steak is taken out of fridge 20 mins before starting)
- Pre-Heat oven to 150C
- Add Steak on a wire rack in the centre of the oven for 15 minutes (see salad prep, whilst this is warming through
- Remove from oven and place on the side whilst heating up a pan
- Add the Avocado Oil to the pan
- Once searing hot, add the steak to cook 1 minute on each side.
- Take out of the pan and allow to rest for 5 minutes before cutting
- Cut into thin slices
Whilst the steak is in the over you can prep the salad.
- Lay out your spinach leaves into the bowl or open plate.
- Chop the tomatoes into halves or quarters as preferred and place onto of spinach leaves.
- In a bowl mix the sliced chilli, garlic, Coconut Aminos, salt and pepper.
- Add the sliced steak.
- Drizzle over the chilli, garlic mixture.
- Finish with some fresh coriander to taste.
Tip – allow steak to cook longer on each side if you prefer a more well-done steak.
Check out this handy steak cooking guide for more guidance.
All information provided on our website and within our articles is simply information, opinion, anecdotal thoughts and experiences to provide you with the tools to thrive.
It is not intended to treat or diagnose symptoms and is definitely not intended to be misconstrued for medical advice. We always advise you seek the advice of a trained professional when implementing any changes to your lifestyle and dietary habits.
We do however recommend seeking the services of a trained professional who questions the conventional wisdom to enable you to become the best version of yourself.