Cream of Shitake & Leek Soup
With the nights drawing in and a nip in the air - a soup packed with warmth and healthy fats is the ideal lunchtime option. It can be made in advanced and kept in the fridge or freezer, to reheat at any time.
Gluten Free, Low Carb & Paleo Friendly
What You Need:
- Approximately 130g shiitake mushrooms, washed
- 1 large leek washed
- 1 litre good quality chicken stock (we love Borough Bone Broth)
- Fresh thyme leaves, approximately 1 TBS
- Cashew nuts (roughly a small handful)
- Hunter & Gather Extra Virgin Avocado oil
- Himalayan salt and pepper to season
Optional: serve with a dollop of Avocado oil mayonnaise for extra creaminess
What You Do:
- Roughly chop the prepared mushrooms and leek
- Gently sautée the mushrooms and leek in a pot with a little avocado oil until softened
- Add the chicken stock and thyme leaves to the pot and gently heat through
- Add the cashew nuts
- Simmer for a further 20-25 minutes
- blend the soup mixture together using a handheld stick blender
- Season with salt and pepper
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Recipes
Raspberry, Blueberry and Blackberry Chia Seed Pudding with Coconut Milk and Protein!
Gluten-Free, Refined Sugar-Free, Paleo, Whole30, Keto & Diabetic friendly
Just because you are looking to cut back on sugars in your life, doesn't mean that you have to go without a "pudding". These little chia pots are the perfect recipe to transition from sugary cereals in the morning or from a sugar-laden evening dessert.