With the nights drawing in and a nip in the air - a soup packed with warmth and healthy fats is the ideal lunchtime option. It can be made in advanced and kept in the fridge or freezer, to reheat at any time.
Gluten Free, Low Carb & Paleo Friendly
What You Need:
- Approximately 130g shiitake mushrooms, washed
- 1 large leek washed
- 1 litre good quality chicken stock (we love Borough Bone Broth)
- Fresh thyme leaves, approximately 1 TBS
- Cashew nuts (roughly a small handful)
- Hunter & Gather Extra Virgin Avocado oil
- Himalayan salt and pepper to season
Optional: serve with a dollop of Avocado oil mayonnaise for extra creaminess
What You Do:
- Roughly chop the prepared mushrooms and leek
- Gently sautée the mushrooms and leek in a pot with a little avocado oil until softened
- Add the chicken stock and thyme leaves to the pot and gently heat through
- Add the cashew nuts
- Simmer for a further 20-25 minutes
- blend the soup mixture together using a handheld stick blender
- Season with salt and pepper
All information provided on our website and within our articles is simply information, opinion, anecdotal thoughts and experiences to provide you with the tools to thrive.
It is not intended to treat or diagnose symptoms and is definitely not intended to be misconstrued for medical advice. We always advise you seek the advice of a trained professional when implementing any changes to your lifestyle and dietary habits.
We do however recommend seeking the services of a trained professional who questions the conventional wisdom to enable you to become the best version of yourself.