Grain, Gluten, Sugar, Dairy Free and suitable for those on a Paleo or Whole 30 diet - these BLT Bites make the perfect lunchtime snack, festive canapé or as a super starter.
You can't get more simple than a BLT (bacon, lettuce and tomato) but often it comes with bread too - this simple recipe will have you forgetting all about a sandwich!
What You Need:
- 1 pack of good quality streaky bacon - Free Range Grass Fed is Best (we love Coxtie Green Farm)
- Handful of Organic baby gem lettuce, washed and finely sliced
- Slow roasted tomato halves (see our recipe here)
- Hunter & Gather Avocado Oil Mayonnaise
- Himalayan Salt and Black pepper
What You Do:
- Cook the bacon until it has cooked through and is beginning to crisp (but not harden as you will be rolling the strips)
- Place the cooked bacon on a piece of kitchen towel to drain off any excess bacon fat
- Put the bacon strips in a row to start filling them
- Combine the finely sliced lettuce with some Hunter & Gather Avocado Oil Mayonnaise and salt and pepper
- Place a thin layer of the prepared lettuce mix on each strip of bacon.
- Next place a halved tomato at one end of the prepared bacon and lettuce mixture strip
- Roll each filled bacon strip as tightly as possible to ensure the filling doesn’t fall out
- Secure each bacon strip with a toothpick
- Serve as a canapé
All information provided on our website and within our articles is simply information, opinion, anecdotal thoughts and experiences to provide you with the tools to thrive.
It is not intended to treat or diagnose symptoms and is definitely not intended to be misconstrued for medical advice. We always advise you seek the advice of a trained professional when implementing any changes to your lifestyle and dietary habits.
We do however recommend seeking the services of a trained professional who questions the conventional wisdom to enable you to become the best version of yourself.