Spicy Keto Taco boats are a twist on your favourite Mexican taco dish – avoid the high carb taco shells by switching to these cheesy ones instead. Grain, refined sugar & gluten free they are great cold with a dollop of mayo in a lunch box … or why not make them as a Friday night treat instead of a takeaway?
Suitable for: Gluten Free, Low Carb, & Keto friendly
What You Need:
- 2 cup (125g) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp. Avocado Oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. (453g) ground beef
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- Pinch Himalayan salt
- Pinch Freshly ground black pepper
- Hunter & Gather Chipotle & Lime Avocado Oil Mayonnaise for serving
- Diced avocado, for serving
- Freshly chopped cilantro, for serving
- Chopped tomatoes, for serving
What You Do:
- Preheat oven to 175°C
- Line a large baking tray with parchment paper. Spoon about 2 tablespoons cheddar a few inches apart.
- Bake until bubbling and edges are beginning to turn golden, about 7 minutes. Let cool slightly
- Whilst the cheese is starting to cool, grease bottom of a muffin tin with avocado oil.
- Carefully pick up melted cheese slices (before they are fully chilled) and place on bottom of muffin tin. Fit with another inverted muffin tin and let cool 10 minutes.
- If you don't have a second muffin tin, use your hands to help shape the cheese around muffin tin
- In a large pan over, medium heat add the avocado oil.
- Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 6 minutes.
- Stir in garlic, then add ground beef, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon.
- Cook until beef is no longer pink, about 6 minutes.
- Season with chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Transfer cheese cups to a serving platter. Fill with cooked ground beef and top with mayo, avocado, cilantro, and tomatoes.
TOP TIP –