Spicy Keto Cheese & Beef Taco Boats
Spicy Keto Taco boats are a twist on your favourite Mexican taco dish – avoid the high carb taco shells by switching to these cheesy ones instead. Grain, refined sugar & gluten free they are great cold with a dollop of mayo in a lunch box … or why not make them as a Friday night treat instead of a takeaway?
Suitable for: Gluten Free, Low Carb, & Keto friendly
What You Need:
- 2 cup (125g) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp. Avocado Oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. (453g) ground beef
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- Pinch Himalayan salt
- Pinch Freshly ground black pepper
- Hunter & Gather Chipotle & Lime Avocado Oil Mayonnaise for serving
- Diced avocado, for serving
- Freshly chopped cilantro, for serving
- Chopped tomatoes, for serving
What You Do:
- Preheat oven to 175°
- Line a large baking tray with parchment paper. Spoon about 2 tablespoons cheddar a few inches apart.
- Bake until bubbling and edges are beginning to turn golden, about 7 minutes. Let cool slightly
- Whilst the cheese is starting to cool, grease bottom of a muffin tin with avocado oil.
- Carefully pick up melted cheese slices (before they are fully chilled) and place on bottom of muffin tin. Fit with another inverted muffin tin and let cool 10 minutes.
- If you don't have a second muffin tin, use your hands to help shape the cheese around muffin tin
- In a large pan over, medium heat add the avocado oil.
- Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 6 minutes.
- Stir in garlic, then add ground beef, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon.
- Cook until beef is no longer pink, about 6 minutes.
- Season with chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Transfer cheese cups to a serving platter. Fill with cooked ground beef and top with mayo, avocado, cilantro, and tomatoes.
TOP TIP –
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Recipes
With grass-fed lamb, Organic lettuce and a dollop of avocado oil mayonnaise, Low carb has never been so tasty! Why not make a batch, cook and then freeze them - so you can have them for lunch later in the week.
Bored with the bland salad lunch option? - you know the limp lettuce, tomato, and cucumber number that is about as exciting as watching paint dry as well as being nutritionally lacking. Well, we are here to help with this nutrient-dense, tasty, dressing recipe that will add the excitement without the refined sugars, seed oils or chemicals - YUK.