Removing sugars, grains and inflammatory oils from your lifestyle doesn’t mean that you have to miss out on the classics like this bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich. This Keto friendly BLT is the perfect lunchtime dish. You can also mix up your fillings, why not go for a spicy tuna (with our chipotle avocado mayo) or a chicken salad (with our garlic avocado mayo).
Suitable for: Gluten Free, Low Carb, Keto
Serves 2 people
What You Need:
- 3 eggs
- ¼ tsp cream of tartare
- Pink Himalayan Salt
- ½ cup cream cheese
- ½ tbsp psyllium husk
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Baking tray lines with grease proof paper
- 4 rashers of bacon
- 1 tomato
- Handful of lettuce
- Hunter & Gather Avocado Oil Mayonnaise
What you do:
- Turn on your oven to 150C to prewarm
- Split the eggs into two bowls (separating out the white from the yolk)
- In the bowl with the egg white, add the cream of tartare and salt
- Whisk the egg white bowl together until light and fluffy
- In the bowl with the egg yolk add the cream cheese, psyllium husk and baking soda and stir together
- Using a spatula fold the fluffy egg white mix into the egg yolk mix – be careful to not over mix
- Spoon out 2 tablespoons of mixture per “bread slice” onto a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper
- Bake in the oven until golden brown (roughly 20-25 minutes)
- Once baked and cooled, choose your favourite filling to stack on the cloud bread
- Serve and enjoy
All information provided on our website and within our articles is simply information, opinion, anecdotal thoughts and experiences to provide you with the tools to thrive.
It is not intended to treat or diagnose symptoms and is definitely not intended to be misconstrued for medical advice. We always advise you seek the advice of a trained professional when implementing any changes to your lifestyle and dietary habits.
We do however recommend seeking the services of a trained professional who questions the conventional wisdom to enable you to become the best version of yourself.