A creamy delicious vegan friendly sauce that is gluten, sugar and dairy free!
Enjoy this creamy white sauce slathered over vegetables, as a dip or in a mushroom stroganoff.
What you need
- 1 TBS coconut butter
- 1 TBS Hunter & Gather Egg Free Mayonnaise
- 2 TBS cassava flour
- Half a teaspoon arrowroot
- 3 - 4 TBS cashew milk
- Himalayan Salt to taste
- Pinch of nutmeg
What you do:
- Melt the coconut butter over a low to medium heat
- Add the cassava flour and arrowroot to combine until it forms a paste with no lumps. Keep stirring gently
- Slowly add the cashew milk to combine, and continue stirring to avoid sticking
- Add a pinch of nutmeg
- The sauce will start to thicken - this process usually takes about 10 minutes
- Remove the sauce from the heat. Stir through 1TBS of Hunter & Gather Egg Free Mayonnaise
- Add a few more drops of cashew milk if required to get the consistency of your preference
All information provided on our website and within our articles is simply information, opinion, anecdotal thoughts and experiences to provide you with the tools to thrive.
It is not intended to treat or diagnose symptoms and is definitely not intended to be misconstrued for medical advice. We always advise you seek the advice of a trained professional when implementing any changes to your lifestyle and dietary habits.
We do however recommend seeking the services of a trained professional who questions the conventional wisdom to enable you to become the best version of yourself.