Egg Free White Sauce
A creamy delicious vegan friendly sauce that is gluten, sugar and dairy free!
Enjoy this creamy white sauce slathered over vegetables, as a dip or in a mushroom stroganoff.
What you need
- 1 TBS coconut butter
- 1 TBS Hunter & Gather Egg Free Mayonnaise
- 2 TBS cassava flour
- Half a teaspoon arrowroot
- 3 - 4 TBS cashew milk
- Himalayan Salt to taste
- Pinch of nutmeg
What you do:
- Melt the coconut butter over a low to medium heat
- Add the cassava flour and arrowroot to combine until it forms a paste with no lumps. Keep stirring gently
- Slowly add the cashew milk to combine, and continue stirring to avoid sticking
- Add a pinch of nutmeg
- The sauce will start to thicken - this process usually takes about 10 minutes
- Remove the sauce from the heat. Stir through 1TBS of Hunter & Gather Egg Free Mayonnaise
- Add a few more drops of cashew milk if required to get the consistency of your preference
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Recipes
Raspberry, Blueberry and Blackberry Chia Seed Pudding with Coconut Milk and Protein!
Gluten-Free, Refined Sugar-Free, Paleo, Whole30, Keto & Diabetic friendly
Just because you are looking to cut back on sugars in your life, doesn't mean that you have to go without a "pudding". These little chia pots are the perfect recipe to transition from sugary cereals in the morning or from a sugar-laden evening dessert.