Egg Free White Sauce
A creamy delicious vegan friendly sauce that is gluten, sugar and dairy free!
Enjoy this creamy white sauce slathered over vegetables, as a dip or in a mushroom stroganoff.
What you need
- 1 TBS coconut butter
- 1 TBS Hunter & Gather Egg Free Mayonnaise
- 2 TBS cassava flour
- Half a teaspoon arrowroot
- 3 - 4 TBS cashew milk
- Himalayan Salt to taste
- Pinch of nutmeg
What you do:
- Melt the coconut butter over a low to medium heat
- Add the cassava flour and arrowroot to combine until it forms a paste with no lumps. Keep stirring gently
- Slowly add the cashew milk to combine, and continue stirring to avoid sticking
- Add a pinch of nutmeg
- The sauce will start to thicken - this process usually takes about 10 minutes
- Remove the sauce from the heat. Stir through 1TBS of Hunter & Gather Egg Free Mayonnaise
- Add a few more drops of cashew milk if required to get the consistency of your preference
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Recipes
With grass-fed lamb, Organic lettuce and a dollop of avocado oil mayonnaise, Low carb has never been so tasty! Why not make a batch, cook and then freeze them - so you can have them for lunch later in the week.
Bored with the bland salad lunch option? - you know the limp lettuce, tomato, and cucumber number that is about as exciting as watching paint dry as well as being nutritionally lacking. Well, we are here to help with this nutrient-dense, tasty, dressing recipe that will add the excitement without the refined sugars, seed oils or chemicals - YUK.