What a super idea for the festive season!
These roasted tomatoes can be served in a number of ways: as they are, chopped up in salads, sprinkled over dishes or as a delicious canapé. Check out our BLT Bites recipe for the perfect canapé this festive season.
Makes on small glass Kilner Jar full.
What You Need:
- 1 punnet of Organic baby plum tomatoes (approximately 250g)
- Himalayan Salt and Black pepper (to season)
- Dried oregano, if desired
- Hunter & Gather Extra Virgin Avocado Oil
What You Do:
- Preheat oven to 80 degrees Celsius
- Cut the tomatoes in half, lengthwise
- Prepare a baking sheet with some oven proof parchment paper
- Place the tomato halves on the prepared baking tray, cut side facing up
- Season with salt and pepper, oregano and a generous drizzle of Hunter & Gather Extra Virgin Avocado Oil
Slow roast the tomatoes on this low oven heat for approximately 5 hours, it is worth the wait!
By this time you should have roasted the tomatoes until they’ve crinkled up
Store the tomatoes in a sterile jar and ensure the tomatoes are completely covered by Hunter & Gather Extra Virgin Avocado Oil
Store them in the fridge. Allow enough time for the tomatoes to sit at room temperature before serving them as the oil will harden in the fridge. These won’t last long as they are delicious and versatile.
All information provided on our website and within our articles is simply information, opinion, anecdotal thoughts and experiences to provide you with the tools to thrive.
It is not intended to treat or diagnose symptoms and is definitely not intended to be misconstrued for medical advice. We always advise you seek the advice of a trained professional when implementing any changes to your lifestyle and dietary habits.
We do however recommend seeking the services of a trained professional who questions the conventional wisdom to enable you to become the best version of yourself.