Avoiding grains doesn’t mean you have to give up on your sushi addiction – this grain free sushi recipe avoids high carb grains like rice and opts for lower carb bacon and vegetables instead. These wraps are very easy to make and are perfect for a lunch time bite or to wow your paleo or low carb friends.
Suitable for: Gluten Free, Low Carb, Paleo & Keto (just swap out the carrots for cheese or more avocado)
What You Need:
- 6 slices bacon, halved
- 2 Cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 3 tbsp classic avocado mayo from Hunter & Gather
- Sesame seeds, to garnish
What You Do:
- Preheat oven to 200 c.
- Line a baking tray with aluminium foil and place a cooling rack on top.
- Lay bacon halves in an even layer and bake until slightly crisp but still pliable, 11-13 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut cucumbers, carrots, and avocado into thin slices and about as long as the width of the bacon
- When bacon is cool enough to touch, spread an even layer of mayo on each slice. Divide vegetables evenly between the bacon and place on one end. Roll up vegetables tightly.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and serve.
All information provided on our website and within our articles is simply information, opinion, anecdotal thoughts and experiences to provide you with the tools to thrive.
It is not intended to treat or diagnose symptoms and is definitely not intended to be misconstrued for medical advice. We always advise you seek the advice of a trained professional when implementing any changes to your lifestyle and dietary habits.
We do however recommend seeking the services of a trained professional who questions the conventional wisdom to enable you to become the best version of yourself.