REFINED SUGAR FREE
GLUTEN & GRAIN FREE
SEED & VEG OIL FREE
The most asked questions!
Answers to some of the most asked questions that we think you will find useful 🙌🏼I've got more questions!
Why is Hunter & Gather Egg-Free Mayocado good for you?
Hunter & Gather 100% Avocado Oil Egg Free Mayo is a little more evolved than the average industrial mayonnaise.
Made with only real food ingredients, Hunter & Gather Avocado Oil Egg Free Mayocado is:
- High in nutrient-dense Avocado oil
- Low in PUFA
- Sugar-Free & Sweetener free
- Vegan Friendly
- Free from industrially and chemically processed seed oils such as rapeseed (canola oil), sunflower and soybean
- Artificial Preservatives Free, Emulsifier Free and Thickener Free
Why did you choose avocado oil?
We chose avocado oil due to its superior fatty acid profile over high PUFA industrial seed and vegetable oils and it’s delicate neutral taste.
The oil in our mayonnaise is cold-pressed from the flesh of the avocado. High in monounsaturated fatty acids, it is non-inflammatory and has a subtle creamy flavour.
- Monounsaturated Fats – We all need fat in our diets (primarily saturated and monounsaturated) and the fats present in avocados are some of the healthiest around.
- Oleic Acid – A type of monounsaturated fatty acid that has been shown to lower blood pressure, protect cells from free radical damage and increase fat oxidation.
- Ratio of fats – Our avocado oil has an impressive fatty acid profile, consisting of 70% monounsaturated, 16% saturated and only 14% polyunsaturated fats. All oils contain a combination of fatty acids, but avocado oil has one of the healthiest ratios of fats with a higher monounsaturated fat percentage.
Why should I avoid mayonnaise made with rapeseed (canola) or sunflower oils?
There is a growing body of evidence that supports the avoidance of industrially produced seed oils in our modern diets, such as rapeseed oil (also known as canola), sunflower oil and soybean oil.
Many believe that these oils are contributing to increasing levels of chronic modern diseases such as metabolic syndrome and obesity (through systemic inflammation).
There are several reasons why we believe rapeseed, sunflower and vegetable oils should be avoided completely (not just in mayonnaise!):
- Industrially produces seed oils have only been present in our diets for a few hundred years, comparing this to the years of human evolution - this is a very short amount of time indeed. Rapeseed oil was originally used as engine lubricant and was toxic for human consumption
- These highly processed seed and vegetable oils are often extracted using strong chemical solvents such as hexane, to produce a higher yield of oil. Some oils are also treated with harsh deodorising chemicals or colourants too - with potential residual levels of chemicals present in the ‘human grade’ oil.
- Industrial seed and vegetable oils, disrupt our omega 3 to 6 ratio. These vegetable and seed oils are high in Omega 6 which in term creates chronic inflammation in our bodies (thought to contribute to chronic disease) - especially as these oils are present in a number of foods due to their very low cost for ‘big food’.
- Industrial seed and vegetable oils oxidise rapidly and create free radicals which in turn are thought to disrupt our mitochondria.
Mayonnaise, in particular, is made up of over 50% oil.
In some mayonnaise brands the oil can be over 80% - therefore the quality of oil, is of the utmost importance when selecting your mayonnaise of choice.
Due to mayonnaise having such a high level of oil, in most cases when industrial oils are used, you will also find chemical preservatives (to help stop it oxidising) as well as sugars to mask the taste of the rancid oil.
Be sure to choose a mayonnaise that is 100% avocado oil instead of those ‘made with’ avocado oil - they usually have a small amount of avocado oil when you look at the ingredients.
There are some very cheeky marketers out there that are stating "Avocado Oil Mayonnaise" or "Olive oil mayonnaise" when in fact it only contains a small amount of these oils (sometimes as low as 4%!) and is mostly made up with seed or vegetable oils like rapeseed (canola oil) or sunflower oils.
MAYOCADO EGG FREE AVOCADO OIL MAYO
Made without any of the top 14 allergens, this avocado oil mayonnaise is also free from Soy, added sugars, chemicals or bulkers.
Suitable for those who wish to avoid eggs, or any of the top 14 allergens, whilst not compromising on health.