(no question is a silly question)
Where can I buy Hunter & Gather products?
You can buy right here online!
Alternatively, you can also find us at the following:
Paleo & Co
The Food Market
Simply Keto (Berlin)
If you have a local store you think we would be perfect for please do pass on our details as we would love to chat to them. Also if you know of a store we are stocked in that is not listed above please do let us know and we will get them added.
Will you be bringing out more products?
The experimenter boy is always thinking of new and exciting flavours to help you enjoy the delights of real food – They just have to pass the rigorous testing of the coeliac girl!
Follow us on social media to be the first to hear of new and exciting editions to our range. Follow @hunterandgatheruk or click on our social media links at the bottom of this page.
We can never have too many ideas so if you have any that you feel that fall in line with our values, feel free to get in contact!
What is the Real Food Lifestyle / Paleo approved that you mention?
You eat a plenty of real, non-processed foods such vegetables, nuts & seeds, healthy fats, grass-fed and lifelong pastured meats and wild caught fish.
Are all your products Gluten-Free?
We believe that the vast majority of people can benefit from a gluten-free lifestyle or as we call it, a’Real Food Lifestyle’.
Gluten is a very common allergen with extreme issues caused for those with Coeliac disease and Gluten sensitivity. Gliadin is also very troubling.
Oh, and did we mention the horrific glyphosate that is used on your wheat?
No thanks, Wheat.
Is your Oil Organic?
- No pesticide use
- No artificial fertilisers (they use cow manure)
- No added chemicals
We have had the oil laboratory tested for any traces of pesticides, for which there was none.
Avocados are also in the top 2 foods on the clean 15 list for lack of pesticide contamination. Therefore we do not feel it is necessary to state “Organic” on out bottles as this is an additional cost to the farmers to gain “Organic” status when by default they are pesticide free.
How much is delivery?
Up to 3 items, your order will be despatched via untracked Royal Mail 48 (usually delivered within 2 to 3 days).
For orders 4 items and over, your order will be sent out via Parcelforce 24 and is a fully tracked service.
Can I collect my order?
Can you deliver internationally?
Your privacy is very important to us and therefore we do not share your details with anyone or any other business at all.
Can I return my order if I am not happy with it?
Please contact us to tell us and to arrange the cancellation of your order.
As per the Consumer Contracts Regulations, you have 14 days from the receipt of your order to request to cancel your order.
Is my payment 100% secure?
Please rest assured that all credit card transactions made online on the Hunter & Gather website are completely secure. We use a third party verifier and encryption technology ensuring absolute security of all credit card transactions. If you have any questions regarding our security processes please do not hesitate to contact us. Our merchant is Paypal.
What's your environmental impact?
We not only want you to be the best version of yourself but as a business we also want to tread as lightly as possible on the environment.
How do we do this:
We only use glass jars and bottles with paper labels – we hate plastic! We pack all of our customer orders in cardboard boxes and packing paper and avoid bubble wrap as much as possible.
Are the avocado farmers looked after?
This is a great question – our farmers are amazingly important to us.
Our Extra Virgin Avocado Oil is made from hand picked and hand sorted Kenyan Hass avocados that are grown by local farmers in Kenya. Our Kenyan supplier ensures that the local farmers are well looked after.
The Experimenter Boy and the Coeliac girl went to visit the farmers in February 2018 and are very to happy to report back:
- We pay a fair price for the avocados and ensure the welfare of the farmers is top notch
- Our supplier uses small local farmers (with as little as 5-10 avocado trees) as well as a handful of larger farms
- The avocados are predominantly grown for export to supermarket; however supermarkets will only purchase fruit that meets certain criteria (size, shape and colour for example). Previously fruit that did not fit this criteria would be wasted and many farmers relied solely on the export trade. We purchase fruit that would have been wasted (even though there is nothing wrong with the flesh) which we use to make oil. This gives the farmers extra income and avoids food waste; it also ensures that the farmers are not 100% reliant on export
- Our kenyan supplier hires agronomists (that’s someone that knows a lot about farming and plants) whose job is to solely look after the farmers and visits them regularly. They provide training to ensure that the farmers can look after their trees for the future and ensure sustainability
- Saplings are supplied to the farmers free of charge, so that they can grow trees for future generations