A truly hearty Grass Fed beef chilli recipe with added Hunter & Gather Real Food Icelandic Heart Capsules - we don't think you'd get much more nutrition into one bowl.
Grass Fed & Full of Goodness
We would always recommended sourcing Grass Fed meat where possible. Not only is it the best for animal welfare and sustainability, but Grass Fed meat is also far superior in taste and even nutrition.
Our Grass Fed ethos doesn't end with meat either, we use 100% Grass Fed and Finished Icelandic lamb to make our nose-to-tail Lamb Heart Capsules. They're easily added to recipes such as this one for a boost of nutrients that will support optimal health and reintroduce ancestral nutrients back to the modern diet.
Chilli or Hot - The Choice is Yours
This Grass Fed Beef Chilli recipe is medium spiced for a warming heat that's not too overpowering.
However, if you'd like a little more fiery flavour we'd recommend using hot chilli powder and adding a couple of diced chillis at recipe step two.
Or if you'd prefer a milder flavour, simply use just one tablespoon of chilli powder instead of two - you can also get mild chilli powder in larger supermarkets.
Either way, we love enjoying this chilli with a dollop of cooling sour cream, some extra crispy bacon, grated cheese and chives - yum! We know you will too, so here's the recipe.
Nutritional info (per serving*):
Of which saturates: 4.5g
Of which sugar: 6.7g
*Per serving of 1 bowl of 4, without toppings
What you need (ingredients):
- 500g Grass Fed beef mince
- 6 rashers of streaky bacon, chopped
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons Hunter & Gather Classic Tomato Ketchup
- 200ml beef or chicken bone broth (or stock)
- 2 tablespoons chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- Himalayan salt & cracked black pepper
- 2-4 Hunter & Gather Raw Icelandic Lamb Heart Capsules
- Sour cream, grated cheese, bacon, chives
What you do (method):
- To start, preheat a large pot or dutch oven to a medium-high heat then add the chopped streaky bacon, cooking until crispy and brown - then remove from the pan and set aside
- Add the onion, garlic and red pepper to the pan, sauté for 3-4 minutes
- Next, add the beef mince and break apart with a spoon, stirring everything together until the mince is fully browned
- To the beef mixture, add the tomatoes, ketchup, stock and spices
- Add half the bacon back to the pan, allow to come to a simmer - then turn down the heat to low and cook for 20-30 minutes or until the chilli has thickened
- Remove from the heat before breaking open the Hunter & Gather Heart Capsules, then sprinkle their contents into the chilli and stir
- To serve, divide between bowls and top with your desired optional toppings including the remaining bacon!