We love a wild caught smoked salmon breakfast on Christmas day and this recipe makes it all the more special! It is Gluten, Sugar and Dairy Free too!
Makes 4 burgers
What you need:
For the tartare:
- 3 heaped tablespoons Hunter and Gather avocado mayonnaise
- juice and zest of half a lemon
- 1 teaspoon capers, plus extra to serve
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
For the smoked salmon burgers:
- 200g canned salmon, boneless and skinless
- 1 small slice of cold smoked salmon
- 1 egg (Free Range)
- Half a teaspoon of dried chives
- 1 teaspoon coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
What you do:
1) First, make the tartare sauce. Measure out the ingredients in a small bowl and stir well, to mix. Put to one side while you make the salmon burgers.
2) Get out a mixing bowl. Drain the canned salmon and flake it into the bowl.
3) Roughly chop the smoked salmon slice and add that too, along with the egg, dried chives and the coconut flour.
4) Mix well and leave for a minute for the coconut flour to absorb any excess moisture.
5) To cook the burgers, heat the avocado oil in a large frying pan.
6) Gently spoon out two heaped tablespoons of the salmon mixture into the pan and smooth with the spoon to form a burger shape.
7) Repeat for the rest of the mixture, leaving a little space between each burger.
8) Fry for 1-2 minutes, and then carefully flip them over with a spatula to cook on the other side.
Serve hot, with the herby tartare and more lemon wedges for squeezing over.
All information provided on our website and within our articles is simply information, opinion, anecdotal thoughts and experiences to provide you with the tools to thrive.
It is not intended to treat or diagnose symptoms and is definitely not intended to be misconstrued for medical advice. We always advise you seek the advice of a trained professional when implementing any changes to your lifestyle and dietary habits.
We do however recommend seeking the services of a trained professional who questions the conventional wisdom to enable you to become the best version of yourself.