We created our Extra Virgin Avocado Oil to be the highest quality and tastiest available - and we couldn’t be happier with the end result. Get ready to broaden your horizons when it comes to oil, ditch that bottle of vegetable oil you buy without thinking and start afresh. There’s more to oil than one tablespoon in a hot pan – we want to see you dipping, drizzling, dressing and dunking! Not only is our avocado oil incredibly versatile but it’s also crammed to the brim with health benefits. So, forget using sparingly and prepare for lashings of fruity, good fat, fabulousness – avocado-n’t mind if I do!
Cold Pressed and Well Dressed
Many manufacturers use heat to extract oil from fruits, vegetables, nuts and seeds. This method yields a higher volume of oil but affects the flavour, scent and nutritional profile of the oil. We’ve gone one better and removed heat from the process altogether.
Our avocados are cold-pressed using a technique that squeezes out all the goodness rather than luring it out with heat. This single-pressing method is what gives our oil the ‘extra virgin’ label, simply meaning it is as pure and unprocessed as possible. The result is an oil that’s tastier and better for you. Studies have shown that heating oils can change their nutritional profile, particularly by altering lipid profiles. By cold-pressing our avocados we make sure that as many of their nutrients are preserved as possible.
We’ve covered cold pressed so let’s discuss well-dressed! Once we’ve hand-sorted our avocados and extracted their oil, we lovingly store it in reusable glass bottles. Not only is this better for the environment as you can re-use your bottled but the dark glass helps to protect the oil from sunlight damage, which can cause oxidation and degradation of the oil and fats it contains.
You will be pleased to know that although our avocado oil is cold-pressed it does have a very high smoke point 250C, which vs other oils is hot hot hot. This makes our avocado oil suitable not just for drizzling, but roasting, frying and sizzling away too.
More than Meets the Oil
We made it our mission to produce the best quality oil that was not only pure and nutrient dense but also tastes amazing! It is made using hand-grown, hand-gathered hass avocados from Kenya (you can read more about our trip to Kenya and how we use fruit that would otherwise be rejected and wasted here).
Our farmers grow them without pesticides or artificial fertilisers and wait patiently until each fruit is perfectly ripe before picking. They then sort through the avocados by hand, being sure to use only the best quality fruits. This means that our oil is free from bruised and over-ripened avos which give poorer quality avocado oils an unpleasant and bitter taste. Instead, you get the same smooth and buttery flavour that you’d get from fresh avocados. This is subtle compared with the flavour of coconut and olive oil, so you can use it more sparingly to reap the health benefits, without overpowering your food.
We can’t list the ingredients in our extra virgin avocado oil – because there is only one! 100% cold pressed avocado oil is all you’ll find in our glass bottles and the goodness of 15+ avocados goes into just one 250ml bottle. It is 100% natural and minimally processed, giving you all of the health benefits of avocados without any hidden nasties. To name but a few…
- Monounsaturated Fats – These are often termed ‘heart healthy’ fats as they work in the body to increase levels of HDL or ‘good’ cholesterol and lower levels of LDL or ‘bad’ cholesterol.Our avo oil is packed with healthy fats. We all need fat in our diets, and the fats present in avocados are some of the healthiest around.
- Oleic Acid – A type of monounsaturated fatty acid that has been shown to lower blood pressure, protect cells from free radical damage and increase fat oxidation – aiding in weight loss.
- Ratio of fats – Our avo oil has an impressive fatty acid profile, consisting of 70% monounsaturated, 16% saturated and only 14% polyunsaturated fats. All oils contain a combination of fatty acids, but avocado oil has one of the healthiest ratios of fats with a higher monounsaturated fat percentage.
Vitamins, Minerals and Antioxidants
- Rich source of Vitamins – High in vits C, E, K and B (B-6, Niacin, Riboflavin, Choline, Pantothenic Acid and Folate) – phew, talk about nutrient-dense! Our avocado oil is a particularly good source of Vitamin E, containing 4mg per 25ml – over 100% nutrient reference value for men and women. Vitamin E helps to maintain healthy skin and eyes, as well as protect the immune system from illness and infection.
- Beta-carotene (pro-vitamin A) and tocopherols (vitamin E) are antioxidants with very beneficial properties, present in unrefined avocado-oil like ours. Much of the beneficial effects of vitamin E are lost when oils are refined and processed, which highlights the benefits of cold-pressed, unrefined avocado-oil over heavily processed oils.
- High in potassium and magnesium – Potassium helps to regulate blood pressure, promote cardiovascular health and increase bone and muscle strength. Magnesium is essential for muscle contraction and relaxation, as well as absorbing calcium and Vitamin D for stronger bones.
- Packed with Carotenoids – Such as Lutein and Zeaxanthin, which are known for their antioxidant activity, helping to protect cells from damage caused by free radicals. The oleic acid present in avocado oil also helps to absorb the carotenoids it contains – win win!
I’m Oil Over this, how can I get it in my Diet?!
The last place we want to see our avo oil is in the back of a cupboard. Our oil is extra virgin, extra versatile and extra tasty! We’re starting a revolution, transforming oil from store cupboard essential to everyday must-have. If you’re stuck for ideas to get some goodness into your everyday routine, avo-look at this…
- Drizzle – over salads and fish dishes
- Sizzle – in a griddle pan with your meat of choice
- Roast – vegetables in the oven
- Sear – steaks or fillets of fish
- Bake – cakes with a substitute for butter
- Dip – grain-free breads
- Garnish – your plate with a glug of nutrients
- Marinade – with herbs and spices to flavour meat
That’s Oil Folks!
We hope we’ve given you all the inspiration and information you need to be tempted to try our avocado oil! It’s 100% natural, 100% delicious and 100% nutritious – what more could you want?! Substituting your usual store cupboard oil for extra virgin cold pressed avocado oil is an easy way to get more taste, variety and nutrients in your life.